Yoon replaces 6 ministers ahead of his 3rd year, general election
US deploys fighter jets in S. Korea for air exercise in Singapore
S. Korea's economy grows 0.6% in Q3, unchanged from earlier estimate
South Korea unveils plan to tackle ailing mental health
S. Korea successfully tests solid-fuel space rocket
Gungjung-tteokbokki (Rice cake pasta with vegetables, royal style)By
Published : Sept. 23, 2011 - 19:23
● 300g white steamed rice cake,
● 1 tbsp sesame oil
● 100g beef (top round)
● 3 sheets brown oak mushrooms
● 20g dried pumpkin strips
● sauce 1: 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp minced green onion, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp sesame oil
● 1/3 onion, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper
● 60g mung bean sprouts, 2 cups water, 1 tsp salt
● 1 egg, 1 tbsp edible oil
● seasoning sauce 2: 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp minced green onion, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1/4 cups water
1. Cut the white rice cake into 4~5 cm-long, shred them into 4 pieces lengthwise, mix them with sesame oil together.
2. Clean the beef and cut into thin slices. Soak the brown oak mushrooms and dried pumpkin strips in water for 1 hour. Shred them into long, thin pieces. (beef 80g, brown oak mushrooms 45g, pumpkin strips 80g).
3. Cut the onion, green/red pepper into and pieces about 5 cm long.
4. Remove the heads and tails of mung bean sprouts, wash in water.
5. Panfry egg for garnish, cut into 5 cm-long strips.
6. Blend seasoning sauces separately.
1. Pour water into the pot and heat. When it boils, scald the mung bean sprouts with salt for 2 minutes and drain.
2. Preheat the frying pan and oil, stir-fry the onion and pumpkin strips for 2 minutes on medium heat. Stir-fry the peppers for 20 sec. Season the beef and mushrooms with seasoning sauce 1, and stir-fry for 2 min. on medium heat.
3. Preheat the frying pan, stir-fry white rice cake with seasoning sauce 2 for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add the beef, mushrooms, pumpkin strips, onion, peppers and mung bean sprouts, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. Turn the heat off, and garnish with the egg.
● Pumpkin strips may be replaced by gourd strips or carrot.
● If white rice cake is dried hard, scald slightly in boiling water.
(Adapted from the Institute of Traditional Korean Food)
Korea unveils plan to tackle ailing mental health
[KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
6 outgoing ministers ‘strong candidates’ for general elections: ruling party