[Asian Games] Korean teen wins two shooting golds

‘The Fatal Encounter’ to open in North America in May

kh close

 

Published : 2014-04-07 20:26
Updated : 2014-04-07 20:26

A new South Korean historical thriller starring Hyun Bin will open in North American theaters next month, the film’s local distributor said Monday.

Directed by Lee Jae-gyu, “The Fatal Encounter” is set to be shown on 25 screens across the region on May 23, Lotte Entertainment said.

The movie follows a real-life assassination attempt on King Jeongjo of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) in his first year on the throne.

Jeongjo is portrayed by Hyun Bin in his first role in a period drama and first acting project after being discharged from mandatory military service.

“The Fatal Encounter” also is the feature film debut of director Lee who previously directed the television series “Damo” (2003), “Fashion ’70s” (2005), “Beethoven Virus” (2008) and “The King 2 Hearts” (2012).

The new film’s domestic release is scheduled for April 30. (Yonhap)

Photo News

티아라 효민 멋진 뒤태에 남심 흔들

섹시백 선발대회 몸매 뽐내는 참가자들

카자흐 女배구선수 초특급 미모, 전세계 ‘깜짝’