|Minari ganghoe (Institute of Traditional Korean Food)|
120g beef (top round), 6 cups water
50g watercress (minari), 3 cups water, 1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 a red pepper
1 tbsp oil
Vinegar and red pepper paste sauce: 2 tbsp red pepper paste, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1/2 tbsp sugar
1. Clean blood from beef.
2. Heat water to the boil. Lower the heat to medium, put in the beef, simmer for 40 min. Cool down and slice it into small pieces.
3. Remove the leaves of the watercress, wash the stalks.
4. Panfry egg and cut into strips.
5. Slice the red pepper into strips.
6. Blend vinegar and red pepper paste.
7. Scald watercress in salted boiling water for 30 sec., maintaining the green color.
8. Layer the beef slices, egg garnish and red pepper, bind them in the middle with two turns of watercress.
9. Serve with vinegar and red pepper paste sauce.
Slice the boiled beef after it has cooled down, or it may become brittle.
If the scalded watercress stalks are too large, halve them.
(Adapted from the Institute of Traditional Korean Food)