Yoon replaces 6 ministers ahead of his 3rd year, general election
US deploys fighter jets in S. Korea for air exercise in Singapore
S. Korea's economy grows 0.6% in Q3, unchanged from earlier estimate
South Korea unveils plan to tackle ailing mental health
S. Korea successfully tests solid-fuel space rocket
Bulgogi (Korean Barbecue)By Park Min-young
Published : July 1, 2011 - 18:50
● 300 g beef (sirloin)
● seasoning sauce : 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, ½ tbsp honey, 1 tbsp minced green onion, 1 tbsp minced garlic, ½ tbsp sesame salt, 1/5 tsp ground black pepper, 50 g pear juice, 1 tbsp sesame oil
● 200 g onion
●100 g lettuce
1. Clean blood of beef with cotton cloth, remove fat and tendons, and cut into 5 cm-wide, 4 cm-long and 0.3 cm-thick along the opposite direction of the texture.
2. Skin onion and wash, shred at intervals of 0.5 cm.
3. Blend seasoning sauce.
4. Wash lettuce under running water.
5. Add seasoning sauce to the beef and mix with hands, then add onion, marinate it for 30 min.
6. Heat the barbecue pan, pan-fry the beef on high heat for 3 min. then turn over the beef, lower the heat to medium, fry it another 5 min.
7. Serve with lettuce.
Tip: Mushrooms and/or carrot may be added.
(Adapted from the Institute of Korean Traditional Food)
Korea unveils plan to tackle ailing mental health
[KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
6 outgoing ministers ‘strong candidates’ for general elections: ruling party