Assembly to vote on opposition leader’s arrest warrant after Yoon approval
Mass stabbing fears set off stampede in Seoul subway
Yoon, UN chief reaffirm cooperation on NK denuclearization, human rights
Opposition leader could face arrest as his fate hangs in balance
Lamborghini driver suspect sent to prosecutors over parking dispute in Gangnam
Over 2,000 subway passengers injured in Seoul over 5 years
No more hurdles for Korea's nuclear reactor exports?
[Top Envoy] ‘Don’t look back anymore’: former envoy on S. Korea-Japan thaw
[Kim Seong-kon] Leaving LA, center of Korean diaspora community
Foreign virtual assets worth W131tr unveiled
Text of special envoys’ statement after NK tripBy Yeo Jun-suk
Published : March 6, 2018 - 21:05
1. The two Koreas agreed to convene the third inter-Korean summit at the Peace House of Panmunjeom in late April. To achieve this, the two parties agreed to hold working-level consultations.
2. In order to ease military confrontation and foster further consultation, the two Koreas agreed to establish a hotline between the two countries’ heads of state.
3. North Korea showed its resolve for denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. The North also made clear that there is no reason for them to possess nuclear weapons as long as military threats to the North are eliminated and the regime’s security is guaranteed.
4. North Korea expressed its willingness to begin earnest negotiations with the US to discuss denuclearization issues and normalize North Korea-US relations.
5. North Korea made clear it will not resume strategic provocations such as additional nuclear tests or ballistic missile tests while the dialogue continues.
6. In order to sustain a reconciliatory and cooperative mood following PyeongChang Olympics, North Korea invited a South Korean taekwondo demonstration team and art troupe to Pyongyang.
By Yeo Jun-suk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Parliament passes arrest motion against opposition leader, dismissal motion against PM
What are the implications of Yoon naming Russia before NK?
Yoon condemns NK-Russia military cooperation as 'direct provocation' to Seoul