South Korea's foreign ministry said Friday that no South Koreans were killed in the Las Vegas shooting rampage.
"The US authority said it has confirmed the identities of all victims, and notified related countries concerning foreign victims," an official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
|Greg Zanis writes the name of a victim of Sunday's mass shooting as he places crosses near the city's famous sign Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017, in Las Vegas. The crosses are in honor of those killed when Stephen Craig Paddock broke windows on the Mandalay Bay resort and casino and began firing with a cache of weapons onto a country music festival Sunday. Dozens of people were killed and hundreds were injured. (AP-Yonhap)|
"Our embassy did not receive notification on victims, and reconfirmed that no nationals were killed."
The official added the consulate general based in Los Angeles is visiting hospitals housing victims, but has not yet found injured Koreans so far.
The Sunday night shooting left at least 59 dead and more than 500 injured. US media have called the shooting rampage the worst in the nation's modern history. (Yonhap)