Belgium has charged a second man linked to a foiled French attack with involvement in a terrorist group, the federal prosecutor said Sunday, as the investigation into Belgium's worst ever terrorist attacks continued.
The prosecutor named the suspect as Abderamane A. who police shot in the leg after a stand-off at a tram-stop Friday in the Schaerbeek district of Brussels.
The Belgian authorities on Saturday had charged another suspect Rabah N. with the same offence in connection with the arrest of terror suspect Reda Kriket near Paris on Thursday.
French police found arms and explosives in a flat Kriket was using and said they had prevented a planned attack taking place.
Kriket was convicted in absentia in Belgium last year in connection with a network helping jihadi fighters go to Syria, along with another defendant Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected ringleader of the November 13 Paris attacks which left 130 people dead.
Tuesday's suicide bomb attacks at Brussels airport and on the city metro system left 28 people dead, plus the three bombers, with some 340 injured.
The federal prosecutors also Saturday laid the first charges in connection with the Brussels attacks against a suspect named as Faycal C., who faces counts of terrorist murder, attempted terrorist murder and participating in a terrorist group.
The announcement fanned speculation that Faycal C. might be the third airport suicide bomber who fled the scene, and a source close to the enquiry told AFP that investigators were working on this "hypothesis." (AFP)