Insamcha (Institute of Traditional Korean Food)
Insamcha is tea made with ginseng. It has a strong fragrance and taste. Ginseng is a special product of Korea, and is thought to be good for physical strength. Certain studies have found that saponin in ginseng has anti-cancer properties. Korean ginseng has been identified as having the highest saponin content.
● 100 g ginseng (fresh wet ginseng)
● 10 jujube
● 7 cups water
● 1 tsp pine nuts
●2 tbsp honey
1. Trim and wash ginseng thoroughly, remove the top.
2. Clean the jujube.
3. Remove tops of the pine nuts and clean.
4. Put the ginseng, jujube and water into the pot.
5. Heat until water starts to boil, then lower the heat to medium, and boil for an hour.
6. When the ginseng and jujube are fully soaked, sieve, add honey and mix well.
7. Pour the tea in a teacup and decorate with pine nuts.
● More sugar and/or ginseng may be added to taste.
(Adapted from the Institute of Traditional Korean Food)