K-pop boy band B.A.P is back with agency TS Entertainment, ending a nine-month legal battle against the label.
“B.A.P has returned to TS on Aug. 1,” the company said in an official statement Monday. “Faith has been restored,” it said, signaling the end of disputes over their alleged “slave contracts.”
B.A.P (TS Entertainment)
In November, the group had filed a lawsuit against their agency, claiming their exclusive contracts with TS were unfair and demanded their immediate termination.
All six members -- Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo -- alleged that they had been working under “slave contracts” since March 2011, prior to their debut in 2012. They cited unreasonably long working hours, unjust distribution of profits and exploitation of basic rights as the reason behind their legal action. Since then, B.A.P has halted its music activities. The agency had refuted the claim.
TS, in the press release on Monday, said: “We are aware that the B.A.P members, their parents and fans had suffered in pain (because of the dispute). We promise that we will make careful consideration from now on to create a bright future for B.A.P.”
B.A.P debuted in 2012 with single “Warrior.” Their second Japanese single, “One Shot,” released in October 2013, topped Billboard’s World Albums Chart in February 2014.