NK will never discuss 'sovereignty' with US, says Kim Yo-jong
Man stabs girlfriend while on trial for dating violence
Adults arrested for proxy purchasing of cigarettes, receiving $3 from teens
Yoon revives policy chief of staff position, reshuffles all senior secretaries
[Exclusive] PUBG developer wins lawsuit against Chinese copycat in US
Soegogi jangjorim (Beef chunks braised in soy sauce)By Korea Herald
Published : Dec. 9, 2011 - 18:18
● 200g beef (top round), 3 cups water
● fragrant seasoning, 10g green onion, 20 g garlic
● 5 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar
● 30g garlic, 50g ground cherry pepper
1. Clean beef.
2. Cut the beef into 5-cm wide, 6-cm long and 5-cm thick chunks.
3. Trim and wash garlic. Remove tops of the ground cherry pepper and wash.
4. Put water and beef in the pot. Heat it for 3 minutes on high heat. When it boils, lower the heat to medium, add the fragrant seasoning and simmer for 30 minutes. Then take out the fragrant seasoning.
5. When the meat is well-done, add soy sauce and sugar, boil it for another 30 minutes until the soy sauce soup is reduced by half.
6. Add garlic to the soy sauce, boil it for 10 minutes. Add ground cherry pepper, boil it for 3 minutes more.
7. Tear the meat into 1 cm-thick pieces, place the meat on a dish, decorate with garlic and ground cherry pepper on the side. Spread soy sauce soup over the meat.
● Add soy sauce and sugar after the meat is well-done, to make sure it is not tough.
(Adapted from the Institute of Traditional Korean Food)
Articles by Korea Herald
Yoon accepts broadcasting watchdog chief's resignation
S. Korea, US, Japan, Australia jointly announce sanctions on NK
S. Korea to expand telemedicine services in remote areas