S. Koreans' happiness rising slowly but surely: presidential panel
No. of depression patients exceeds 1m in 2022
Races tighten in Seoul as parties battle for Assembly control
Seoul subway fare to rise 12% beginning Saturday
Korean Air to submit new merger plan to ease antitrust concerns
US calls on China to encourage N. Korea's return to diplomacy
US House votes to remove Speaker Kevin McCarthy
6-year-old Uzbek girl found dead in Daegu
Hyundai Ioniq 7 may start production in July next year
22 Chinese apprehended after illegal entry attempt
Bulgogi (Korean Barbecue)By Park Min-young
Published : July 1, 2011 - 18:50
● 300 g beef (sirloin)
● seasoning sauce : 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, ½ tbsp honey, 1 tbsp minced green onion, 1 tbsp minced garlic, ½ tbsp sesame salt, 1/5 tsp ground black pepper, 50 g pear juice, 1 tbsp sesame oil
● 200 g onion
●100 g lettuce
1. Clean blood of beef with cotton cloth, remove fat and tendons, and cut into 5 cm-wide, 4 cm-long and 0.3 cm-thick along the opposite direction of the texture.
2. Skin onion and wash, shred at intervals of 0.5 cm.
3. Blend seasoning sauce.
4. Wash lettuce under running water.
5. Add seasoning sauce to the beef and mix with hands, then add onion, marinate it for 30 min.
6. Heat the barbecue pan, pan-fry the beef on high heat for 3 min. then turn over the beef, lower the heat to medium, fry it another 5 min.
7. Serve with lettuce.
Tip: Mushrooms and/or carrot may be added.
(Adapted from the Institute of Korean Traditional Food)
Korea to begin experiment with central bank digital currency
Defense Ministry warns NK regime over nuclear buildup
PM orders measures to prevent public opinion manipulation on web portals