S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
N. Korea says spy satellite took photos of White House, Pentagon, key US naval base
15-year-old girl saves 5 lives with organ donations after death
BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
12 foreigners nabbed on suspicion of drug use
Korea to start hiring E-9 visa foreign workers in restaurants
S. Korea's Busan making last-ditch efforts to bring World Expo on voting day
[KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
Four workers trapped in reservoir construction site found deadBy 신용배
Published : Jan. 14, 2011 - 11:41
GANGNEUNG, (Yonhap) -- All four workers who had been trapped under a collapsed reservoir construction site here were found dead early Friday, rescuers said.
The scaffolding at the site in the city of Gangneung, 237 kilometers east of Seoul, collapsed at around 4:30 p.m. Thursday while four workers were doing concrete work to build a waterway for a reservoir to prevent flooding.
Rescuers have retrieved the bodies of all the men from a giant hole that was as deep as five meters during an overnight search, officials said. Three of the victims were identified as in their 40s and one in his 60s.
Three other workers who were near the site of the collapse were sent to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police said they will investigate the exact cause of the incident and whether the construction company had violated safety regulations.
South Korea warns tit-for-tat action over North Korea’s border buildup
Korea, Japan, China summit likely in early 2024
Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure