Samsung's Lee faces arrest on suspicion of bribery
 After days of review, the special investigation team sought an arrest warrant for Samsung heir apparent Lee Jae-yong on Monday, initiating a long and high-profile legal battle over his alleged shady business exchanges with President Park Geun-hye and her longtime friend Choi Soon-sil.
* arrest warrant: 구속영장
* heir apparent: 추정상속인
* high-profile: 세간의 이목을 끄는
* shady: 수상한 (shade: 그늘)
* business exchange: 거래 (transactions) The team, led by Special Counsel Park Young-soo, said it has requested a local court issue the warrant for Lee, the de facto leader of the nation’s largest conglomerate, on suspicion of providing financial assistance worth 43 billion won ($36.4 million) to Choi and her family in exchange for business favors, committing perjury at the parliament and misappropriating corporate funds.
* issue a warrant: 영장을 발부하다
* de facto: 사실상, 실질적인 ("in fact" 라틴어)
* on suspicion of: ~의 혐의로 (= on allegations of)
* in exchange for: ~의 대가로
* commit perjury: 위증을 하다
* misappropriate: 유용하다 (appropriate: 예산을 책정하다) Lee is the first chaebol owner the counsel has sought an arrest warrant for over alleged involvement in the scandal. He is also the first head of Samsung to face a potential arrest warrant in the conglomerate’s 79-year history.
* counsel: 변호인 (= attorney)
* potential: ~될 가능성이 있는, 잠재적인
기사 전문: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201701160009292. 부정청탁금지법 개정 논의
기사요약: 정부가 부정청탁금지법이라 불리는 김영란법 시행령 개정을 위한 실무적인 논의에 착수했다.
Opposition party pushes to lower voting age to 18
 The South Korean government has officially begun discussions to revise the sweeping anti-corruption law less than four months after it was implemented, amid much controversy and public confusion.
* revise: 개정하다 (change, edit)
* sweeping: 광범위한 (sweep: 쓸다)
* implement: 시행하다
 Officials from several related government bodies, including the Anti-Corruption & Civil Rights Commission, held an inaugural meeting on Tuesday to come up with a revised draft for the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act.
* related government bodies: 관계부처
* Anti-Corruption & Civil Rights Comission: 국민권익위원회
* inaugural: 첫 (inauguration: 취임식)
* come up with: (해답, 돈 등) 찾다, 내놓다
 Ministries of agriculture, fisheries and small business administration will launch a fact-finding investigation separately to assess the impacts, if any, of the law on local businesses.
* fact-finding investigation: 실태조사
* assess: 평가하다 (evaluate)
 The move comes amid mounting that the economy will fall into a long tunnel of slow growth if it tails to offset the impact of slowing global trade with a boost in domestic consumption.
* mounting: 증가하는 (mount: 올라가다, 올라타다)
* offset: 상쇄하다
* domestic consumption: 내수
기사 전문: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170117000636