Busan presents new tour routes tracking its history
Published : 2014-06-13 20:43
Updated : 2014-06-13 20:43
The Busan Tourism Organization is presenting four different city tour routes tracing its history and popular local food. The tours visit historic sites of modern Busan, including Yeongdo Bridge, Korea’s first drawbridge built in 1934 and reopened last year; Choryang Oegwan, a memorial stone built to commemorate trade relations with Japan in the 17th century during the Joseon era (1392-1910) and local markets with popular street food such as the Korean pancakes “hotteok” and fish batter cake “eomuk.” Each route takes about two hours on foot. “Storytellers” will accompany travelers and tell interesting anecdotes and historical facts about the sites. For more information and reservations, contact the Busan Tourism Organization at (051) 780-2178.