Paul McCartney, a former member of legendary British band the Beatles, has canceled his planned first-ever concert in South Korea due to health problems, organizers said Wednesday.
The legendary pop star planned to hold a concert at Seoul's Jamsil Stadium on May 28 as part of his "Out There" world tour, which began in Brazil last year and has taken him to 23 big cities around the world.
The 71-year-old artist earlier canceled all of his four concerts planned in Japan as he failed to improve after contracting a virus. It has been widely expected that the Seoul show would be affected too, if his conditions do not improve quickly.
"McCartney canceled his planned concert in Seoul as doctors ordered him to have a complete rest," South Korea's Hyundai Card Co., which organized the show, said in a statement. "We and McCartney's side will discuss later to reschedule the show," it added.
McCartney said he is "so disappointed" and "sorry" for letting his Korean fans down, in a message delivered through Hyundai Card. (Yonhap)