Ferguson protest closes 2 St. Louis-area malls

Divers remove first bodies from sunken ferry

kh close

 

Published : 2014-04-20 02:25
Updated : 2014-04-20 12:03

(Yonhap)
Divers have removed the first bodies from the South Korean ferry that capsized nearly four days ago with 476 people on board, the coastguard said Sunday.

"Divers broke through the window of a passenger cabin just before midnight and pulled out three bodies," a coastguard official told AFP.

All three were wearing lifejackets, the official said, adding that two were male but the gender of the third was not immediately confirmed.

The official said they were the same three bodies that had been spotted, but not retrieved, during an earlier dive.

Rescue teams planned to continue dive missions through the night to the ferry which capsized on Wednesday morning, he said.

The confirmed death toll from the disaster now stands at 36 with 266 people still unaccounted for. (AFP)

Photo News

티아라 효민 멋진 뒤태에 남심 흔들

섹시백 선발대회 몸매 뽐내는 참가자들

카자흐 女배구선수 초특급 미모, 전세계 ‘깜짝’