[Asian Games] North Korean ping-pong legend injured in car accident: report

White House spurns N. Korea's call for halt to military drills

kh close

 

Published : 2014-01-17 09:22
Updated : 2014-01-17 09:22

The White House on Thursday dismissed North Korea's call for the cancellation of upcoming joint military drills between the U.S. and South Korea.

"I can tell you that our commitment to and relationship with South Korea is extremely strong and I have no changes to announce in how we engage militarily with South Korea in partnership or in any of the exercises that we engage in," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.

He was answering a question about the North's demand earlier this week that the South and the U.S. cancel annual military drills to take place on and near the peninsula in February and March.

Regarding the Obama administration's policy on North Korea, Carney said there is no change.

"Our view is that North Korea needs to avail itself of the opportunity to end its isolation in the world by coming into compliance with its international obligations, by ceasing to violate a series of U.N. Security Council resolutions, and our posture remains the same," he said. (Yonhap News)

Photo News

티아라 효민 멋진 뒤태에 남심 흔들

섹시백 선발대회 몸매 뽐내는 참가자들

카자흐 女배구선수 초특급 미모, 전세계 ‘깜짝’