|Jeonbokjuk (Institute of Traditional Korean Food)|
Jeonbokjuk is a delicacy made of sliced abalone and non-glutinous rice. It has a sweet taste, pleasant aroma and is rich in nutrients. It was served as a noble dish in Joseon’s royal courts. Blue jeonbokjuk is a special delicacy cooked with abalone entrails. It is blue in color and has a bitter taste. Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups non-glutinous rice
- 2 abalone
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp clear soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Wash the rice, soak in water for 2 hours, drain for 10 min.
2. Wash and clean the abalone with brush, take out the flesh by spoon, remove the entrails and slice.
3. Preheat the pot and oil with sesame oil, stir-fry rice for 1 min. on medium heat, add abalone, stir-fry together for 2 min.
4. Add water, boil for 6 min. on high heat. Then lower the heat to medium, cover and boil for another 30 min., stirring occasionally.
5. When the porridge is well-done, season with clear soy sauce and salt, and bring to a boil. Tips
Cooking abalone porridge with abalone entrails, blue in color, may be an another choice.
You could use minced abalone instead of sliced abalone.
(Adapted from the Institute of Traditional Korean Food)