Back To Top

E-2 work visa’s new process for Canadians

The Canadian Embassy has announced that anyone who wishes to work as an ESL teacher in Korea must provide a criminal record check issued by the RCMP in Canada.

The criminal record check then needs to be notarized by the Canadian Embassy or Consulate before submission to the Korean Immigration office.

The embassy made the announcement due to the Korean Immigration Service’s new regulations that came into effect on Jan. 1.

For more information, refer to the Working in Korea section of the embassy’s website at
Korea Herald daum